Many international students are traveling abroad in a foreign country for the first time. Students quite often do not have family or friends there when they first arrive. Finding your place in a new city, being immersed in a new community, culture, and language can be very challenging for new students.
The office in the building of the Mensaria am Schloss offers international students the opportunity to find assistance and support for daily challenges and questions.
We take care of everything surrounding your studies:
- Information for short-term and exchange programs, ERASMUS, etc.: We work closely with the international offices of the various higher education institutions in Mannheim and exchange information to assist the (sometimes) complicated bureaucracy that international students face in Germany. If you have questions regarding these topics, please contact your International Office first. Alternatively, you can send us an e-mail.
- Housing: The Studierendenwerk Mannheim offers about 3,000 accommodations in 16 various student residences. Everything from shared flats to single apartments - with us, students can find what they are looking for. www.stw-ma.de/en/housing
- Food and Drink: The Studierendenwerk facilitates 12 Cafeterias and Cafés at the various institutions in Mannheim. Aside from the balanced lunch, delicious snacks, refreshing drinks, and specialty coffees are offered. www.stw-ma.de/en/food_and_drink
- BAföG + Financial Aid: Studying is almost like a full-time job in which little time is left for earning money. Those who want to finish their studies on time must keep their head free of financial stress. For financial assistance needs, (BAföG, Scholarships, Loans, etc.) the Studierendenwerk can help. www.stw-ma.de/en/bafoeg_and_co
- Counseling Service: The counseling service of the Studierendenwerk can assist you with questions regarding financing your studies, insurance, studying with children, social benefits, housing allowance, part-time jobs, and students with a handicap, etc. www.stw-ma.de/en/counseling_service
- Psychological Counseling Center (PBS): Studying can prove to be the most rewarding time in one’s life, however, it can also prove to be a personal challenge that can lead to emotional stress. The Psychological Counseling Center (PBS) of the Studierendenwerk Mannheim has offered psychological counseling for many years with a comprehensive offer of services for your study and personal needs and situations.